(Fargo, ND) -- Despite the brutal cold, North Dakota still ranks near the top for places to retire.
WalletHub ranks the Peace Garden State 10th best to retire in their latest study. The personal finance website took into account 47 key metrics into their report, including everything from affordability, health-related factors and overall quality of life.
Other key indicators in North Dakota's score included:
- 28th – Adjusted Cost of Living
- 17th – WalletHub ‘Taxpayer’ Ranking
- 7th – Elderly-Friendly Labor Market
- 30th – Property-Crime Rate
- 21st – Life Expectancy
- 5th – Health-Care Facilities per Capita
Our neighbors did slightly better, as Minnesota ranked 8th best and South Dakota ranked 7th.
The best state to retire in, according to WalletHub, Virginia. The worst? Kentucky.
You can see the full report by clicking here.