(Fargo, ND) -- When it comes to raising a family, North Dakota continues to be at the top of the list across the country.
Personal finance website Wallethub put out their 2022 best states to raise a family, with the Peace Garden State ranking 9th on the list.
To determine the best states in which to put down family roots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 51 key indicators of family-friendliness. The data set ranges from the median annual family income to housing affordability to the unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in North Dakota:
- 9th – % of Families with Young Children
- 7th – Child-Care Costs (Adjusted for Median Family Income)
- 6th – Median Annual Family Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 21st – Violent Crimes per Capita
- 4th – % of Families in Poverty
- 3rd – Housing Affordability
- 1st – Unemployment Rate
- 2nd – Separation & Divorce Rate
Minnesota actually came in as the fourth best state in the survey. The best overall state to raise a family, according to Wallethub, was Massachusetts. The worst? Mississippi.
You can read the full survey by clicking here.